Master Formulas and Functions, Charts, Pivot Tables, VBA Macros, and much more – the smart way!.
This course includes:
- 13 hours on-demand video
- 13 articles
- 101 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
- An installation of Microsoft Excel (Excel 365 is used for demonstrations, but the course material is compatible with earlier versions).
- Excel for Mac should be fine in most cases, but all course examples are presented on Windows.
Whether you’re an Analyst who works with data for a living, or one of the millions of people in offices all over the world who find themselves spending more time wrestling with spreadsheets than doing their actual job, chances are excellent that you can supercharge your productivity – and decrease your stress – by mastering Microsoft Excel.
Excel allows us to transform, analyze, summarize, and visualize our data with incredible power and efficiency, making it the ultimate “glue” application without which many organizations would fall apart. You’d be amazed at how much many crucial decisions made at the highest levels of companies, or even governments, are made based on data in an Excel spreadsheet.
And even better – with the right teaching approach – Excel is actually pretty easy to master.
Now to be sure, Excel is one of the most complex applications ever built, and a course that covers all of its features and functionality might last well into the next decade. But fortunately, as with so many things, there is a small percentage of Excel’s feature set that most people use, most of the time.
Because I want to level up your skills in the shortest time possible, this course is laser-focused onExcel’s most useful and powerful features – the ones you’ll find yourself going back to, day in and day out.
Here’s a sneak peek at just some of the things you’ll learn:
- Keyboard shortcuts and data entry tricks that will help you swat away those tedious tasks around the office with ease
- Formatting tips to give your spreadsheets that professional look
- Filtering and sorting for rapid insights into your data
- Crunching out calculations and summary statistics with Excel formulas and functions
- Performing “date math” with Excel’s vast array of date and time functions
- Using functions to perform complex operations on text data
- Logical functions like AND, OR, and IF for advanced conditional operations
- Master the essential VLOOKUP function for consolidating and reconciling separate datasets
- Best practices for constructing dynamic models with sophisticated controls for varying model input
- Advanced data visualization techniques, including custom formats, conditional formatting, and – of course! – charts
- Working with external data
- Managing “structured” data efficiently with Excel Tables
- Condensing large datasets into powerful Business Intelligence using Excel Pivot Tables
- Taking your Pivot Tables to the next level with Slicers
- Automating redundant tasks with Excel Macros
- Editing VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) code for more fine-tuned control of your Macros
And I go way beyond the mere mechanics of how things work; you can always go to the documentation for that.
Instead, I tie each piece of functionality back to the types of scenarios where it is most commonly applied, and demonstrate these applications with realistic examples.
But without hands-on practice to reinforce what you’ve learned, you might as well be binging the latest show on Netflix instead of taking an Excel course. That’s why I also included plenty of exercises – with solutions – that challenge you to apply each of the concepts we cover in the course to a real world problem.
By the end of the course, you’ll have mastered all the skills you need to take control of your data – and your time – with Microsoft Excel.
Take it from someone who leveraged a foundation of Excel skills into a career as a Data Analyst: this knowledge will not only save you countless hours on innumerable tasks on your job, it can also make you a superstar around the office.
So what are you waiting for? Enroll today to become a true Excel Power User. I’ll see you in the course.
Who this course is for:
- Data analysts looking to take their mastery of Microsoft Excel to the next level
- Data scientists curious about leveraging the power of excel to make their data munging processes more efficient
- Business people who want to stop wasting hours of their day on redundant data manipulation tasks
- Students looking for clear explanations of some of Excel’s most powerful features
- Anyone who would benefit from manipulating and transforming their data faster and more efficiently