Create a backend app from start to finish and run it on auto-scaling containers on AWS.
We take a learn-by-doing approach. In a matter of minutes, you’ll have a running NodeJS Express application. Over the course of the lectures you’ll develop your very own To Do List backend application.
After completing the To Do List app, we will learn how to deploy the app on AWS Fargate (using Docker containers) and then optionally purchase a domain name and have the entire world access our app through our very own custom domain!
In this course we will:
- Build a very simple to-do app (backend only)
- Containerize (dockerize) the app
- We will then configure AWS Fargate to host our app.
- Well, it’s the most used programming language in the world
- Heaps of community support when you encounter bugs and issues
Why is AWS Fargate so amazing?
- It automatically provisions and monitors the load on our compute resources so we don’t have to
- It auto-scales our app so meet traffic loads, and scales back to reduce costs
- It turns a traditional app into a “serverless” one