A hands-on guide to building apps using the XQuery programming language and the MarkLogic NoSQL database.
8hr 23min of on-demand video
- Download MarkLogic (free developer license!!): http://developer.marklogic.com/products
- Install MarkLogic: http://docs.marklogic.com/guide/installation
- Download MarkLogic Content Pump: http://developer.marklogic.com/products/mlcp
This hands-on course is designed to teach you how to quickly build apps using the MarkLogic NoSQL database and the XQuery programming language.
You will learn to use core features of the MarkLogic platform including:
- Architecture and scalability
- Managing data (XML, JSON, Binaries, text, RDF triples and document metadata)
- CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
- Performing ACID database transactions
- Search (including geospatial search, geoencoding, and map integration)
- Security (MarkLogic provides a Common Criteria certified security model)
To be successful in the course, students should have familiarity with databases, at least one programming language, and some web development background. Students should also complete the free prerequisite course on Udemy titled Fundamentals of the MarkLogic NoSQL Database.
The course is designed to be very hands-on. Each video discussion is followed with a hands-on lab. All the necessary software is free to download and comes with a free developer license.
Course materials including sample data, code examples, and step-by-step instructions for completing the hands-on labs are provided via a free download.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for a technical audience such as application developers.
- Familiarity with at least one database and one programming language is strongly recommended.
- Completion of the free “Fundamentals of the MarkLogic NoSQL Database” course on Udemy is strongly recommended.