Create stunning garments using Aari Embroidery
This course includes:
- 2 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
- This is a Basic Course. So it is suitable for anyone who is willing to learn Aari Embroidery. No prior knowledge is required.
- Aari Embroidery Toolkit (Containing Needles, Thread, Sequins, Beads, Cloth etc)
India is known for its magnificent embroidery techniques. These embroidery designs reflect the different cultural tastes of India.
Aari embroidery is one such embroidery technique that is believed to have originated in the Mughal era. It is practiced in many parts of India – especially in Gujarat & Kashmir. Aari embroidery designs are heavily inspired by Nature and you can commonly find motifs such as leaves, flowers, birds, plants, trees & animals in Aari embroidery designs.
The cloth is held tightly on a stand and the designs are stitched using a long needle with a hook at the end. Apart from the thread, items such as stones, beads, pearls, sequins, etc are also used to decorate the designs. Though Silk & Cotton fabrics are commonly used, Aari embroidery can be done in a range of fabrics such as velvet, silk cotton, Georgette, etc.
Aari embroidery is widely sought after by people in India – especially for Bridal Blouses. As these designs are handmade and look exquisite, they fetch a great price in the market. So anyone looking to start a business can seriously consider providing Aari embroidery services.
In this course, we will cover the basic 22 stitches of Aari Embroidery. Each type of stitch will be demonstrated through separate video lessons. These stitches can be used in multiple combinations to create complex & beautiful design patterns.
Who this course is for:
- People who are interested in starting a Small Apparel Business.
- People who are interested in pursuing Aari Embroidery as a hobby.
- People who are interested in designing & creating their own dress.